Hi There!

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Saturday 10 May 2014

How I Met Your Mother Season 1 - Episode 16 Favorite Quotes

How I Met Your Mother Season 1 - Episode 16 Favorite Quotes

1. Kids, when it comes to love, the best relationships are the ones that just come naturally

2. You had your chance, and now he's moved on. Can't you just be happy for them?

3. Victoria: I don't know. I just... I don't think that long distance really works for anyone.

Ted: Oh, God, no. Long-distance is a lie teenagers tell each other to get laid the summer before college.

4. Yeah, the point is that even though Lily is my soul mate, long distance still almost killed us. If you think that there's any chance that Victoria is your soul mate, you should ask her to stay.

5. So have I. If I ask this girl to give up her dreams for me, and two weeks later, it's not working out, I'm, like, the biggest jerk of all time. 

6. Victoria: I know it sounds lame, but I actually think that Ted might be The One. That's pretty hard to walk away from.

Robin: Well, I don't know. I'd feel a little Stepford turning down a huge opportunity to chase some guy I'd only known two months.

Victoria: But this isn't just some guy. This is Ted. He's amazing. He's the best guy I know.

7. The only thing that got me through was knowing that my soul mate was back at home waiting for me. If Ted's your soul mate, then it may be worth it to hang onto him.

8. Victoria: Oh, look how happy she is. You know, I've always thought of myself as one of those independent women who would never let any guy mess with my career. And now I'm actually thinking about it. I feel guilty, like it's un-feminist or something.

Robin: I know what you mean.

Victoria: You do?

Lily: Well, I'm always putting my career ahead of my relationships, and... to be honest, there's a lot of lonely nights in that job description.

9. Robin: Choosing Ted over your career doesn't make you un-feminist. Maybe it just means that you guys would be happy together.

10. Lily: Well, it's okay. You know, what makes a bride beautiful is that she's just happy to be getting married.

11. Victoria: Well, no... I mean, I actually came here tonight leaning toward staying, but when you just told me to stay, it made me realize that I have to go.

Ted: What is this, opposite day or something?

Victoria: No.

Ted: So it is?

Victoria: Ted, we've only been dating for two months. I can't let you make this decision for me.

Ted: I was totally going to tell you to go, but then you gave me this cupcake, and it reminded me how great you are.

12. Victoria: Oh, okay. So it's fine for me to make sacrifices for you, but for you it's crazy.

13. Marshall: Well, thank you for acknowledging it. It was weird that you hadn't. Look, I understand that you guys had to break up eventually, but why today?

Ted: She's leaving tomorrow.

Marshall: Yeah, but she's still in town.

Ted: Yeah, she... she's still in town.

Marshall: Yeah, so you spend one more amazing day together. Ted, think about it this way: if you knew that you were going to lose your leg tomorrow, would you sit on the couch and cry about it, or would you run, and jump, and do some awesome air kicks while you still could?

No comments:

Post a Comment