Hi There!

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Wednesday 14 May 2014

How I Met Your Mother Season 1 - Episode 21 Favorite Quotes

How I Met Your Mother Season 1 - Episode 21 Favorite Quotes

1. life is a dark road. You never really know what's up ahead. One night you're cruising along enjoying the ride, and then all of a sudden, you're 28.

2. Ted: I realize why I'm still single. I'm picky. I'm not going to settle. If I'm going to marry someone, she has to be perfect.

Lily: Well, what's perfect?

Ted: It's not like I have a list.

Robin: Oh, yes, you do.

Ted: Attractive, college-educated, she wants two kids-- a boy and a girl...

Lily: That's not hard. I know at least...

Ted: I'm not done. She likes dogs, Otis Redding, does the crossword. She's into sports, but not so much so that her legs are, like, more muscular than mine. That weirds me out. And she plays bass guitar like Kim Deal from the Pixies.

Marshall: Or Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth.

Ted: Any Kim from any cool band, really. Can't be too picky.

Lily: You're never going to find this girl.

Ted: Exactly. So I'm just going to wait for her to come to me. I am done trying to plan the unplannable.

3. So, what, you think fate's just going to take care of it?

4. Lily: Ever. Swear. Swear on the lives of your unborn boy and girl.

Ted: I swear on Luke and Leia.

5. Ted: I know you do. Come here. It's okay. Look... Marriage is big. You're allowed to freak out.

6. Lily: Okay, yes, it's a mistake. I know it's a mistake. But there are certain things in life where you know it's a mistake but you don't really know it's a mistake because the only way to really know it's a mistake is to make the mistake, and look back, and say, "Yep. That was a mistake." So, really, the bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake, because then you go your whole life not really knowing if something is a mistake or not. And, damn it, I've made no mistakes! I've done all of this-- my life, my relationship, my career-- mistake-free. Does any of this make sense to you?

7. Lily: Ted, I'm getting married in two months, and I'm freaking out, and you're my best friend, and you just have to forgive me for this.

8. Ted: I changed my mind. I don't want to meet her.

Marshall: Why? She sounds perfect.

Ted: I don't want perfect. 

9. Marshall: Oh, God, not this again. Ted, it's a mistake.

Ted: Maybe. But it's a mistake I have to make.

10. Here's the thing about mistakes. Sometimes, even when you know something's a mistake, you gotta make it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment